Monday, March 3, 2008

Chaim at the Hermon Field School - The Tribe of Dan

I was at the Hermon Field School with a bunch of families from my neighborhood in Beit Shemesh for Shabbat. I gave a little talk and told them that they were not the first families from the Bet Shemesh area to go up north to the same place.

I made them guess.... (Judges 18) Tribe of Dan going to Laish (Dan) cause the Philistines gave Dan a hard time...

Also told them how David "was proven" to be real with the discovery at Dan 15 years ago of the inscription about the "house of David" destroyed. They liked that since I tied that in with yesterday being the 15th year anniversary of the passing of my father-in-law name David and the "house of David" continues since I named my (now 13 year old) son David... The tour guide course helped... ;-) and it was lots of fun.

No comments: